Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:42 AM   #1
Fletch XXX
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Buy One Get One Free 2004 Sale In Celebration Of Copycat Designers On This Board

It came to my attention someone on this board 'Candyflip' has been selling templates, it also comes to my attention their design skills come from looking at my portfolio.

Here is a screen of their price page.

My price page has been the same for over 1 year, then this kid comes along, jacks my html and stares at my templates all day so he can bastardize my template style.

I have done the same template style for a long time now and it sucks to see thieving kids come along and just steal what you do.

proof?

looks very similar to me, including the order of items... looking through his templates I saw lots of similarities hahaha

so instead of getting pissed, ill do buy one get one free for the first 2 weeks if you can show me someone else copying my work!

hahaha

Want an Android App for your tube, membership, or free site?

Need banners or promo material? Hit us up (ICQ Fletch: 148841377) or email me fletchxxx at gmail.com - recent work - About me
Fletch XXX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:44 AM   #2
TDF
Triple OG nigga on GFY

Industry Role:
so he stole your price page?

TDF is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:45 AM   #3
JSA Matt
So Fucking Banned

if you can't beat em', steal from em'
JSA Matt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
Fletch XXX

Quote:
Originally posted by toodamnfli
so he stole your price page?
stole?

havent used that word here yet, but i am not flattered lets say.

this punk has tried to budy buddy with me, and ive shown him my work, all he has done is use my templates to design his own, in addition, copying direct html from my portfolio for his.

Need banners or promo material? Hit us up (ICQ Fletch: 148841377) or email me fletchxxx at gmail.com - recent work - About me
Fletch XXX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:46 AM   #5
ytcracker
stc is the greatest

hey fletch im sorry

but they say imitation is the best form of flattery
so walk with your head up

cheeehs
Old 12-22-2003, 10:46 AM   #6
NBDesign
Confirmed User

I see that you have cornered the market on a 3 column table with alternate shaded rows... I must have stolen design from you too then
NBDesign is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:47 AM   #7
TDF
Triple OG nigga on GFY

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fletch XXX

stole?

havent used that word here yet, but i am not flattered lets say.

this punk has tried to budy buddy with me, and ive shown him my work, all he has done is use my templates to design his own, in addition, copying direct html from my portfolio for his.

ah i see..thats not cool..there needs to be some type of etag in html these days

TDF is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:47 AM   #8
TheLegacy
I'm Bi-sexy

Industry Role:
consider it flattery -

Wonder if you knew that sexxxycontent and AEBN are offering a buy one month get one free 2004 Sale in celebration of our working relationship -

does that mean that you are stealing our ideas??

RobertWarrenSEO.com
TheLegacy is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:48 AM   #9
Fletch XXX

Quote:
Originally posted by ytcracker
hey fletch im sorry

but they say imitation is the best form of flattery
so walk with your head up

cheeehs
copying direct html is not flattery.

i am not flattered.

imition is fine until they fuck you out of business.

undercutting and ripping my style and html is not really flattering.

this kid used to email me for info, in fact trying to buy my designs, now word for word he rips me off?

fuck all that.

this kid has been known to have his hands dirty since that Choker code copying,.

thats how this guy works.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:48 AM   #10
Sosa
In Tushy Land

That sucks, fletch makes some badass templates that are real money makers too.
Sosa is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:49 AM   #11
Spunky
I need a beer

Industry Role:
That sucks..
Old 12-22-2003, 10:52 AM   #12
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Too funny man. Someone asked me to do some templates in a simple style similar to yours. I did just what was asked...that's all.

I'm sorry if you feel that I've stolen your style. I was inspired, but I haven't "copied" anything. I have the upmost respect for you, of all people on this board. I don't have the best design skills, but they seem to work for the people who've been keeping me busy.

Also...the html table that you show here that looks similar to yours was taken from the same clients TGP. If you want, I can go and find a few similar ones online for you?

The next thing you know, people will be claiming that I stole their trading script code

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:54 AM   #13
Fletch XXX

Product, Service, Price...

same 3 cells.

first 3 items in table?

Logo, Gallery, TGP...

so you weere asked to do something similar fine./..

but you know that table was copied and it sort of gives the rest away doesnt it?

just fuck off and stop look ing at my site.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:59 AM   #14
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:

copying direct html is not flattery.

i am not flattered.

imition is fine until they fuck you out of business.

undercutting and ripping my style and html is not really flattering.

this kid used to email me for info, in fact trying to buy my designs, now word for word he rips me off?

fuck all that.

this kid has been known to have his hands dirty since that Choker code copying,.

thats how this guy works.
Graphic - 5 Pics - Graphic Link- 5 Pics - Graphic Link - 5 Pic - Graphic Link

That's your style, and probably the layout of most even the most basic of galleries.

Once again, I haven't stolen anything. Someone asked me to provide something and I did. After that, I realized that I did a pretty good job and went with it. I've been so busy this week playing catch up that I've had to hired a full time designer and have also managed to get my girlfriend back in the swing of things designing as well.

I've never tried to "Buddy Buddy" up to you Fletch. I've never had beef with you. I've never spoken with you on ICQ. So I'm not all that sure where you're getting this from.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 11:03 AM   #15
Fletch XXX

IM not going to be in a CHoker style 'you ripped me off thread'

you know damn well where you got your ideas.... you even said so.

'I was asked to do something like your galleries Fletch, so I copied them'

My style is KNOWN, i have done the same kinda tables since day one.

Even having folks come to me for PAYSITES designed in my gallery style

http://www.easydater.com

its easy to see when people like you stumble into my work and try and replicate the style.

Ive been doing this for over 2 years now kid, go stare at someones elses work for ideas for a change.

you know it, I know it, i dont care about anyone else knowing it, you have proved where you stand.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:11 AM   #16
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Hey man...I won't deny for a second that I wasn't inspired by what your galleries. Someone specifically asked me to provide something that was in the same style of your galleries. I did my best to give the client what they wanted, while providing them with original galleries. I didn't rip your work. I didn't copy your galleries. I didn't steal your code.

I just catered to my clients needs and went with it. I made a few galleries for myself in the same style and the CTR were much better than I had before. So, again...I stuck with it.

I'm really sorry that you feel that I've stepped on your toes. Like I said, you're one of the few people here I actually like. I loved your style. Had heard great things about your galleries. And went above and beyond to please a client.

I'm really sorry man. I've done galleries that look like others I've seen too...I hope no one else thinks I'm copying them.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 11:16 AM   #17
Fletch XXX

why do you keep saying you were asked to do this when Im talking about tenmplates you are selling now, not a clients order.

talking about your 'add to cart' stock.

Those arent done for anyone, its you trying to sell premade templates, which you got from my portfolio too.

I dont want your apology, and I dont care who asked you to 'design like me.'

just stay outta my threads, and dont fucking ask me for shit anymore. you and your crook friends stole Chokers script, and no doubt you steal html, abnd stop trying to hide it behind 'I was asked to.' most of us can see through this, ive heard it all before.

Ive been ripped off more times than youve had clients kid.

thats 2 times now youve been shown to literally, 'COPY SOMEONE ELSES WORK.'

now just drop it and get the fuck.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:22 AM   #18
stevecore
Confirmed User

innovate, never imitate.
stevecore is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 11:25 AM   #19
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
I was asked to do the original ones...the next bunch we ones that I built for myself. Those are the ones that are also available for download on my site.

You've yet to show me once spot where I've copied anything...kid.

I'm selling prebuilt templates? Sorry...didn't know that you're the only one who could do that.

I'm using basic html to build some gallery layouts? Sorry...didn't know that you were the only one capable of doing so.

I know how to use gradiants and layer strokes. Uh oh...better not use them to design a gallery...Feltch has exclusive rights to using those.

I had nothing to do with CJOverkill aside from the fact that I was partnered with someone who decided to have a go at Choker. Even Choker leaves me alone these days. He knows that I had nothing to do with it except for pushing his buttons

Anyone who has dealt with me knows that I going out of my way to make sure they're satisfied and have never had to resort to cheating anyone to make a living here.

I'm sorry that people have ripped you off in the past. Thankfully, everything on my site there is original.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 11:27 AM   #20
Fletch XXX

Everything is original, even the table on your price page!

hahaha

here comes his sympathy spin, watch out folks.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:28 AM   #21
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by stevecore
innovate, never imitate.
They're gallery templates...can't do much more with 'em.

I tried to use a bit more in the "flashing" graphics department...does that count

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 11:30 AM   #22
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:
Everything is original, even the table on your price page!

hahaha

here comes his sympathy spin, watch out folks.

Sympathy spin? That looks like what you're trying to accomplish.

Poor Fletch.

Quote:
Originally posted by NBDesign
I see that you have cornered the market on a 3 column table with alternate shaded rows... I must have stolen design from you too then

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #23
JSA Matt
So Fucking Banned

I think both of your galleries' are mediocre and I don't even make galleries anymore... get over yourselves and quit bitching about petty things like this
JSA Matt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 11:34 AM   #24
Fletch XXX

whatever you say thief.

one can EASILY look at html html on that page as see you copied it.

if this board would allow the posting of html id show you, but you already know where you got it.

ill put it on a page on my server and add Candyflip to my 'crooks' page'

;)

Old 12-22-2003, 11:35 AM   #25
Fletch XXX

Quote:
Originally posted by JSA Matt
I think both of your galleries' are mediocre and I don't even make galleries anymore... get over yourselves and quit bitching about petty things like this
Ive never been in this business to be a 'top designer'

if you want crazy graphic skills, go to Mike W.

i do templates, and have made quite a name for myself doing so considering my list of clients

;)

Old 12-22-2003, 11:37 AM   #26
Fletch XXX

Anyway, as I said earlier, just drop it and stay away from me, cant believe you pull this shit after emailing me asking me for design help.

fucking pathetic that i try and give someone and hand and all they do is claim'i was inspirired by you.'

hahaha

anyway, i got work to do.

run along candyflip.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:38 AM   #27
JSA Matt
So Fucking Banned

Quote:

Ive never been in this business to be a 'top designer'

if you want crazy graphic skills, go to Mike W.

i do templates, and have made quite a name for myself doing so considering my list of clients

;)
I wasn't trying to put you down, I know you are good at what you do... I just think this is out of line. What did you expect to get out of this thread by posting this? An apology? I don't see that happening...
Old 12-22-2003, 11:38 AM   #28
Fletch XXX

Quote:

I wasn't trying to put you down, I know you are good at what you do... I just think this is out of line. What did you expect to get out of this thread by posting this? An apology? I don't see that happening...
Publicity.

Got you clicking in ;)

If anything Ill get more jobs from it

hahaha

Old 12-22-2003, 11:40 AM   #29
JSA Matt
So Fucking Banned

Quote:

Publicity.

Got you clicking in ;)

If anything Ill get more jobs from it

hahaha
Now it all makes sense
Old 12-22-2003, 11:41 AM   #30
Fletch XXX

Quote:

Now it all makes sense
When I busted Stile stealing a template from me, I got a bunch of work. ;)

Amazingly though, that thread has disappeared.

Will this one too in a few months?

Old 12-22-2003, 11:45 AM   #31
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:
whatever you say thief.

one can EASILY look at html html on that page as see you copied it.

if this board would allow the posting of html id show you, but you already know where you got it.

ill put it on a page on my server and add Candyflip to my 'crooks' page'

;)
What html are you talking about? The tables? Come on man...I got it from a client's DP archive site. But, aren't shaded tables something that Dreamweaver can do with a few simple clicks? It's basic fucking HTML.

For making a dumbass accusation like this, you can bet your ass I'll show my face in each and everyone of your threads, kid. I'm also going to be giving away more FREE downloads each week...in the same simple gallery style. Those freebies alone have nabbed me some business this week.

Cheers

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 11:46 AM   #32
Fletch XXX

Quote:
Originally posted by candyflip

What html are you talking about? The tables? Come on man...I got it from a client's DP archive site.
Please show me where?

Old 12-22-2003, 11:47 AM   #33
Fletch XXX

Quote:
For making a dumbass accusation like this, you can bet your ass I'll show my face in each and everyone of your threads, kid. I'm also going to be giving away more FREE downloads each week...in the same simple gallery style. Those freebies alone have nabbed me some business this week.
Its cool kid, Im one step ahead of you.

Go for it.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:50 AM   #34
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
I emailed you one time...TO HIRE YOU TO BUILD THEM FOR ME...and you never responded. I never EVER asked for help. Aside from that, the only thing I've ever asked you for was a Misfits mp3.

So I just went about doing it myself...without copying.

I can't even tell you how long it took me to figure out how to do the little jaggy edges at the top of the galleries.

I'll email you the link to where I got the table that I used, or you can just ICQ me. 278138509

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 11:51 AM   #35
Fletch XXX

No post the link here.

I find it hard to believe you got a table with 'Product, Service, and Price' from a DP archive.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #36
Fletch XXX

I mean hell if so, the DP archive offers everyhing I do at the same price!

And in the same order too!

Old 12-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #37
buddyjuf

feltch, for crying out loud, don't go hammering the guy for your PRICE TABLE
it's a VERY small and basic table, anybody could redo the SAME thing by scratch and turn it into coincidence

hammer him all you want for stealing your design, but let it drop for that stupid table, will ya?
  Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #38
Ross
Ik ben een aap

Industry Role:
Fletch XXX's work speaks for itself but he also has a great admirer in Quiet. Check his sig.

I am thinking of getting a couple of movie gallery templates done and I will be mesaging Fletch if he can do the work for me.
Ross is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 11:56 AM   #39
Fletch XXX

Quote:
Originally posted by bdjuf
but let it drop for that stupid table, will ya?
He is lying about getting it from a DP archive, the cells and prices, wording is all the same. order of products, as well as other similiarities...

Ill drop it if he admits he copied it from my site

hahah

Last edited by Fletch XXX; 12-22-2003 at 11:58 AM..
Old 12-22-2003, 11:59 AM   #40
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Very nice work but how can you tell they stole? They look like alot of the stuff thats out there. To me unless you create your own font and colors, its hard to say they stole my designs. A box is a box.
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:01 PM   #41
Fletch XXX

Quote:
Originally posted by tony404
Very nice work but how can you tell they stole? They look like alot of the stuff thats out there. To me unless you create your own font and colors, its hard to say they stole my designs. A box is a box.
Again, I never even used the term 'stole' he admitted to being hired to look at my galleries and create similar ones, he doesnt deny that.

But he denies copying html.

Which I know he did, and you all can say no big deal, but the moment you start allowing people to copy YOUR html, ill be there to say 'what a nice guy' until then, fuck him and anyone who supports copying html.

He isnt the first, nor the last.

Ive seen his kind come and go.

He and his buddies have been busted more than once now copying things from people.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:01 PM   #42
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:
No post the link here.

I find it hard to believe you got a table with 'Product, Service, and Price' from a DP archive.
I got the table for the html from the archive. I added an extra column to the mix along with my product, service and price info that I had on my girlfriend's old design site.

Last time I checked, if you want to sell something you should always provide:

What it is your offering, the details of the product and the price.

Are you telling me that because you've done this already that I can't?

Come on dude...you didn't see my out there starting threads titled "Fletch-like galleries: Same Quality - Lower Price" just to drum up business. Hell...I didn't even post it here, another client did.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 12:03 PM   #43
Fletch XXX

Quote:

Come on dude...you didn't see my out there starting threads titled "Fletch-like galleries: Same Quality - Lower Price" just to drum up business. Hell...I didn't even post it here, another client did.
And we know why.

You cant show me where you copied the table, because you didnt copy it.

So you said you could show it, now you cant.

backtrack.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:06 PM   #44
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:

Again, I never even used the term 'stole' he admitted to being hired to look at my galleries and create similar ones, he doesnt deny that.

But he denies copying html.

Which I know he did, and you all can say no big deal, but the moment you start allowing people to copy YOUR html, ill be there to say 'what a nice guy' until then, fuck him and anyone who supports copying html.

He isnt the first, nor the last.

Ive seen his kind come and go.

He and his buddies have been busted more than once now copying things from people.
You've never seen my kind come and go...that's because I don't leave. Been plugging along in this biz for 4 years now and don't plan to give up just because you're mad at me for designing galleries in the same style that you do.

I've never been busted for copying anything. Even Choker will be the first to tell you that I had nothing to do with the coding of CJOverkill. Hell, by now he might actually realize that I got screwed in the process too.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 12:08 PM   #45
Fletch XXX

Quote:

don't plan to give up just because you're mad at me for designing galleries in the same style that you do.
Of course you dont.

Copycats would have no money if you didnt copy me.

As I said, just continue, Im one step ahead of you and you chose the wrong target.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:11 PM   #46
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:

And we know why.

You cant show me where you copied the table, because you didnt copy it.

So you said you could show it, now you cant.

backtrack.
I told you to email me. I'm not about to post a link one of my client's sites.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 12:11 PM   #47
Fletch XXX

Anyway, its clear you are a kid.

You have no creativity, and no talent.

Keep copying and staring at my stuff, I should have known thats what you were up to when you were asking me for templates.

I was warned about you, people were talking shit about your crookery long before you even opened photoshop.

Im done with this, just go run along and hustle up some more work.

This industry is full of people like you and thats why Im glad I done rely solely on this for income.

Anyhow... i got some work to do, not interested in bickering with talentless cut and paste designers.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:17 PM   #48
Fletch XXX

Quote:
Originally posted by Ross
Fletch XXX's work speaks for itself but he also has a great admirer in Quiet. Check his sig.

I am thinking of getting a couple of movie gallery templates done and I will be mesaging Fletch if he can do the work for me.
Thanks man.

Hopefully my reputation, longevity in this industry and extensive client list speaks louder than some kid who used to buy templates from me now sells ones that look like it.

Conincedence?

Thanks for the good words, i appreciate them.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:18 PM   #49
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:

Of course you dont.

Copycats would have no money if you didnt copy me.

As I said, just continue, Im one step ahead of you and you chose the wrong target.
Like I said, I contacted you to do the work for me. You couldn't even manage to write a simple yes or no reply. So I fired up Photoshop and took a stab. It wasn't all that difficult...your "style" is nothing more than simple layer effects and text. So simple that even I managed to be able to pump out some equally kickass galleries in no time at all.

Looks like we both have the same style now. Thankfully, I've just hired a full time designer and my girlfriend will also be back working as well. My "fletch-like" galleries will probably now end up as the budget price-point. $10 for a custom gallery that converts should be a nice draw.

PS...I didn't cut and paste anything. What little design skills I do have managed to be enough to put your panties in a twist.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
Old 12-22-2003, 12:25 PM   #50
Fletch XXX

Quote:

Looks like we both have the same style now.
great bro, where would you be without me?

You have no style, you are an imitator.

;)

Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >